Friday, February 10, 2012

Char Siu Pork Roast

I began this challenge by googling `best slow-cooker recipes`, while led me to this recipe for Char Siu Pork Roast from Cooking Light. It got good reviews, was something different from typical barbecue pulled pork sandwiches, and I had almost all the ingredients in my fridge. So I went for it.


After the first meal of the Chinese-style barbecue pork, we did not know what to think. We ate it with stir-fry vegetables and rice, which is what most people recommended on the website. We had expected it to taste differently, causing us to really be thrown off.


Tonight we ate some of the leftovers in a tortilla with a broccoli slaw salad on the side (also recommended on the site). John really liked it. I thought it was much better but (sorry hubby), I don`t see myself making it again.

Easy - extremely
Different - yes
Delicious - undecided

No comments:

Post a Comment