Wednesday, November 30, 2011

How to Keep Herbs Longer

A lot of recipes call for fresh herbs but it's such a bummer when you buy the big bunch and then half of it goes bad before you get to use it.  So, I did a bit of googling on this and found this solution:

Place the dry - not dried! - bunch in a glass of water (without any metal twist tie around it!), put a plastic bag over it and place it in the fridge. 


It's that easy! 

I have found herbs lasting longer out here in Ontario than they did in BC.  The only difference I can find is here they use rubber bands and I remember Kin's used metal twist ties.  So even if you don't use the glass/plastic bag trick, it's probably a good idea to separate the herbs from the twist tie!

No comments:

Post a Comment